Some 20 years ago, at the turn of the millennium, Sydney was world-famous for its 24-hour bars, thriving band scene and epic dance parties. Darlinghurst’s Oxford Street, a stone’s throw away from the city’s central business district, had grown from being a gay-dominated nightclub strip to a thriving mecca for fun-hungry revellers from all walks of life. Yes, there was a time when people actually queued, in long snaking lines, to get into DCM, Byblos, Kinsellas, Q-Bar, ARQ and Midnight Shift. Scroll down for video ‘You never wanted to leave’: When Sydney was the most lively city in the WORLD and people queued for 24/7 for clubs and bars … before Nanny State laws closed 176 venues and destroyed its nightlife forever Vanishing points: Some 20 years ago, at the turn of the millennium, Sydney was world-famous for its 24-hour bars, thriving band scene and epic dance parties… Not now The huge DCM site, located at the lower end of Oxford Street, was renowned for its superior sound system, professional lighting and acres of space for uninhibited dancing. Despite properly working air con, male gym bunnies still felt the need to cruise the rooms shirtless in the hopes of landing… Read full this story
- New York Federal Court Applies New York City Human Rights Law’s Liability Provision to Employer’s Agent
- How To Obtain Local Ranking For Cities Where Your Law Firm Does Not Have An Office
- Plowing Over: Can Urban Farming Save Detroit and Other Declining Cities? Will the Law Allow It?
- Salt Lake City mother-in-law apartment ordinance is back, expected for a vote in coming weeks
- Trump Wants Torture, Here’s What Happened to World Leaders Who Tried It
- Sydney New Year's Eve 2019 Live Stream: Watch Australia's Massive Fireworks Display
- An urbanist's guide to Cairo: ‘a city weighed down by stereotypes’
- Can You Stop a Deportation Flight by Refusing to Sit Down? Here's What Happens If You Try
- New York Is the Fourth Most Expensive City in the World to Get Drunk In
- Qantas to test 'ultra long-haul' Sydney to NY, London flights
Sydney was the most happening city in the world before lockout laws have 337 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 16, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.