The purported benefits of microdosing psychedelics are as numerous as the research is sparse. The technique, which involves ingesting small amounts of LSD, mushrooms, or other hallucinogenic drugs every three or four days, has made headlines for its popularity as a “productivity hack” among the Silicon Valley elite. But anecdotal endorsements of microdosing claim that the routine can lead to a whole variety of benefits, including heightening emotional sensitivity, athletic performance, and creativity, and relieving symptoms of anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, and chronic pain—all without resulting in any sort of trip.In a lab setting, meanwhile, these effects have hardly been studied. Microdosing straddles a line between homeopathic remedy and experimental biohacking as a promising tool that hasn’t yet made its way through the clinical system’s rigorous checks and balances. Now, a new study published Monday in the journal ACS Chemical Neuroscience provides the first biological evidence that psychedelic microdosing could have unique therapeutic effects that differ from the effects of a full dose.For David Olson, a professor in the chemistry and neuroscience departments at the University of California at Davis, and one of the paper’s authors, it started with ketamine. Over the last few years, Olson watched as the formerly… Read full this story
- Psychedelics Promise a 'Paradigm Shift' in Treating Mental Illness
- Laurence Fishburne says he wasn't 'invited' to be in the new Matrix film but wishes the cast well
- Suddenly, New York’s Rich Are Obsessed With Importing Pandas
- Sudha Murty’s new book to be released on April 23
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans area People in Business for Aug. 23, 2020
- Trump's 'Reckless' Alaska Drilling Plan Could Kill Polar Bears, Ruin One of the Last Pristine Areas of U.S.
- Facebook Portal Instantly Elevates Your Video Calls
- The 100 best nonfiction books: No 49 – The American Language by HL Mencken (1919)
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Offers '$400 Million' Reward for Return of Stolen Bitcoin
- Prithviraj to star in India’s first virtual production movie, teases fans with poster
A New Chapter in the Science of Psychedelic Microdosing have 324 words, post on www.theatlantic.com at March 5, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.