Friday March 22, 2019 03:17 AM Hundreds of pregnant Russian women travel to the United States every year to give birth so that their child can acquire all the privileges of American citizenship Written by By IULIIA STASHEVSKA, Associated Press MIAMI (AP) — Every year, hundreds of pregnant Russian women travel to the United States to give birth so that their child can acquire all the privileges of American citizenship. They pay anywhere from $20,000 to sometimes more than $50,000 to brokers who arrange their travel documents, accommodations and hospital stays, often in Florida. While the cost is high, their children will be rewarded with opportunities and travel advantages not available to their Russian countrymen. The parents themselves may benefit someday as well. And the decidedly un-Russian climate in South Florida and the posh treatment they receive in the maternity wards — unlike dismal clinics back home — can ease the financial sting and make the practice seem more like an extended vacation. The Russians are part of a wave of “birth tourists” that includes sizable numbers of women from China and Nigeria. President Donald Trump has spoken out against the provision in the U.S. Constitution that allows “birthright citizenship”… Read full this story
- South Florida Restaurants Desperate For Workers Offer $400 Signing Bonuses
- Eye On Earth: ‘One Of The Most Peaceful Places In South Florida’: Wakodahatchee Wetlands
- Ex-student kills 17 in shooting spree at Florida high school
- Ron DeSantis' Florida boast rings hollow
- Florida's Spring Break Hot Spots Reporting Slight Increases in COVID-19 Cases
- Florida’s New Invasive Species Is A 10-Foot Long River Monster
- Family of Disabled Florida Student Who Died Choking on Chicken Nugget Receives $2 Million
- A Double Killing in Florida. An American On The Run In Ukraine.
- How first-time mothers are giving birth, rearing babies in the new normal
- Births Among Endangered Right Whales Reach Highest Figure Since 2015
Mother Russia: South Florida sees a boom in 'birth tourism' have 295 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at March 22, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.