Saturday March 2, 2019 11:52 AM Pakistan says the world’s largest body of Muslim-majority nations has adopted a resolution urging India and Pakistan to resolve their issues “through peaceful means.” Written by The Associated Press SRINAGAR, India (AP) — The Latest on tensions between India and Pakistan (all times local): 9:20 p.m. Pakistan’s foreign ministry says the world’s largest body of Muslim-majority nations has adopted a resolution urging India and Pakistan to de-escalate tensions and resolve their issues “through peaceful means.” The ministry said in a statement Saturday that at the end of a meeting in Abu Dhabi, the 57-nation Organization of Islamic Cooperation “reaffirmed its unwavering support for the Kashmiri people in their just cause.” It said the OIC expressed concern over this past week’s “Indian violation of Pakistani airspace; affirmed Pakistan’s right to self-defense; and urged India to refrain from the threat or use of force.” The resolution came a day after Pakistan’s foreign minister skipped the meeting to protest the host’s decision to invite India, a non-member. Tensions between India and Pakistan have been running high since Indian aircraft launched a strike in Pakistan on Tuesday in response to a Feb. 14 suicide bombing in Indian-controlled Kashmir… Read full this story
- India Cancels Talks With Pakistan Over 'Brutal Killings'
- India, Pakistan clash in UN over support for terrorists
- Pakistan ex-premier released on parole for wife's funeral
- Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan condemns 'arrogant' India for pulling out of talks
- Genocide of Rohingya Muslims Still Taking Place in Myanmar_ Says UN Investigator
- India calls off Swaraj-Qureshi meeting, says Imran Khan's 'true face' exposed
- India's FM accuses Pakistan of 'harboring terrorists'
- Sex trafficking or young love? Mobile woman Whitney Harris returns from India
- Signs of thaw as India accepts Imran's proposal for foreign ministers' meeting
- China Says Plots To Disrupt Ties With Pakistan Will Fail
The Latest: Global Muslim body urges India, Pakistan to talk have 299 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at March 2, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.