SMOKING is a tricky habit to kick, but the benefits to your health and finances should convince most people to quit – and you can notice a difference after just a few days. As well as lung function improving, quitting is also good for your skin, fertility, and sex life. What happens to your body immediately after quitting smoking? After just 12 hours, the body cleanses itself of excess carbon monoxide and returns to normal, increasing its oxygen level. Once a day has passed, the risk of a heart attack starts to decrease and blood pressure drops. After two days, the quitters may notice a heightened sense of smell and taste, as smoking damages the nerve endings responsible for these. Nicotine withdrawal kicks in around three days after quitting and your body starts to readjust, so many people may feel irritable or suffer from headaches as they’re craving a cigarette. What happens to your lungs after quitting? After a month, lung function and capacity improves, and cardiovascular activities such as running become easier. By nine months after quitting, they will have significantly healed, and people will start to notice fewer lung infections. The likelihood of lung cancer is cut in… Read full this story
- S’porean woman who doesn’t smoke or drink diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer at 55
- COVID-19: What Is Long COVID? Most Common Post-COVID Symptoms And How To Manage It
- COVID-19: 7 Tests You MUST Take After Recovering From Coronavirus
- How To Flush Out Heavy Metals From Your Body
- Israel-Gaza violence: Death toll rises in West Bank clashes — As it happened
- Does the Covid vaccine affect your fertility? Expert - 'No evidence'
- Heavyweight power rankings: Where does Joseph Parker sit after Dereck Chisora win?
- Covid variants: Will they ever stop coming?
- Former Ironman champion brought low by 'long Covid' describes the symptoms and what it's like to suffer
- Brooke Vincent had 'scary out of body experience' while giving birth to second child
What happens when you stop smoking, does your body fully recover and how long does it take for your lungs to heal? have 317 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at March 13, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.