When I’m at Taco Bell, I call my friend to see what I should order. This is not due to my friend’s especially thoughtful taco choices, but rather my vastly insufficient relationship with fast-food. My friend tells me to order a Crunchwrap Supreme and some food whose name I didn’t catch. It involved steak. I call another friend immediately after. She tells me to go with a Cheesy Gordita Crunch, but make sure to replace the regular tortilla with a Dorito’s Locos Taco shell. The friend I’m with at Taco Bell chooses Nacho Fries and some sort of potato taco. I stare at the menu. The cashier is confused as to why this is taking so long. The line behind me is looming, surely whispering about my inadequacy in the fast-food department. I panic and order everything. Advertisement I, unlike most of America’s youth, did not grow up with fast food. I lack the reference points of Happy Meals, Frosties, and McNuggets; I am a McAnomaly. My parents were big believers in not only saving every dime with steady, home-cooked meals, but were also fans of speeding past fast-food joints on road trips while my brother and I pressed our… Read full this story
- A life in writing: Barbara Kingsolver
- I watched all 9 Star Wars movies in a row during coronavirus quarantine
- 'The story of a weird world I was warned never to tell'
- Coronavirus has changed death and funerals — but new rituals can help us grieve
- He is risen! Delighted reaction of Boris Johnson's family as it's revealed 'exhausted but euphoric' PM is recovering in hospital with his favourite Tintin cartoon books - as friends reveal how close to death he came
- Boris Johnson's half-brother Max slams his coronavirus care at Downing Street as a 'shambles' and claims medics 'did not mask up and examine him for 10 days' - as PM recovers reading Tintin books
- Cryptoqueen: How this woman scammed the world, then vanished
What it’s like to finally try fast food after a childhood of longing have 325 words, post on thetakeout.com at March 4, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.