So many movies, so little time. Every week brings a new crop of them, opening in multiplexes and arthouse theaters across the nation, and arriving in increasingly high volumes on streaming platforms like Netflix. How’s a voracious moviegoer to keep up? That’s where The A.V. Club comes in. The first week of every month, we’ll be previewing all the major movies coming to theaters (or laptops or gaming systems or Rokus) near you, helping narrow down these upcoming releases by making educated guesses on whether they’re worth your time and money. Shazam! Theaters everywhere April 5 The Golden Age hero formerly known as Captain Marvel (no, not that one) has a secret that appeals to every superhero fan’s inner 10-year-old: He’s a regular kid who’s been granted the power to transform into a broad-chested, caped demigod whenever he says the magic word. Chuck’s Zachary Levi plays the adult-sized alter ego of the teenage Billy Batson, who must stop the villainous Dr. Sivana (Mark Strong) from unleashing seven ghoulish gargoyles—one for each of the cardinal sins—on his hometown of Philadelphia.Will it be worth your time? Following in the footsteps of Aquaman and Wonder Woman, Shazam! more or less continues the formerly glum… Read full this story
- 13 Superhero Movies Perfect for Justin Bieber
- These Marvel Superheroes and Villains Look a Lot Different on the Red Carpet
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Passes ‘Titanic’ To Become #2 Film Ever Worldwide With $2.189B – International Box Office
- A gay superhero? Yes please! Just not Captain America
- Avengers 4 Recruiting the Yakuza to Help Fight Thanos?
- New Avengers LEGO Sets Tease Big Avengers: Endgame Action & Hall of Armor
- Mark Ruffalo Dropped a Big Avengers: Endgame Spoiler Last Year and Most Fans Forgot
- Avengers: Infinity War – watch the first trailer for Marvel's massive superhero sequel
- My Hero Academia Teases an 'Avengers' Level Showdown
- Marvel Comics recasts superhero Thor as a woman
From Shazam to Hellboy to what’s left of the Avengers, it’s a big April for superheroes have 313 words, post on film.avclub.com at April 4, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.