(CNN)President Donald Trump will sit down with his South Korean counterpart Moon Jae-in at the White House on Thursday to discuss how to revive the diplomatic process between the US and North Korea. However, aides to both leaders have told CNN they are nervous the meeting could do more harm than good due to diverging views on how to bring Pyongyang back to the table. During his first face-to-face meeting with Trump since February’s failed summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Hanoi, Vietnam, Moon will attempt to convince the US President that there are “signs of progress” and that North Korea is willing to return to negotiations, according to two sources familiar with the matter. The already high-stakes meeting took on added significance after Kim issued a stark warning seemingly aimed at the US, saying North Korea needed to “deal a telling blow to the hostile forces who go with bloodshot eyes miscalculating that sanctions can bring the (Democratic People’s Republic of Korea) to its knees,” according to North Korean state media reports. Senators, irritated by evasions, rap Pompeo for ‘silence with a dash of obfuscation’ Kim’s comments were made to the Fourth Plenary Meeting of the… Read full this story
- Trump Says He Likes North Korea's Kim, Calls South Korea President Moon 'Weak'
- Biden's pragmatic play on North Korea
- Suing North Korea Presents Legal, Logistical Hurdles
- US under Biden seen as weak by Russia, China and North Korea, Don Jr says as concern around Kim Jong-un nuke labs rises
- North Korea pulls out of Tokyo Olympics
- North Korea Says it Won’t Participate in Tokyo Olympics
- Pentagon Chief Warns Forces Are Ready to ‘Fight Tonight’ After North Korea Blasts Regional Exercises
- US to engage with China, Russia toward North Korea's denuclearization
- North Korea Tells China They Should Team Up on 'Hostile Forces' as Both Face Biden
- Seoul says North Korea fires 2 projectiles into sea as it revives its testing activity
The high-stakes meeting Trump hopes will help end the North Korea stalemate have 319 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 11, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.