Delegates discuss ways of further developing the digital economy at the conference. (Photo: VNA) Vietnam Economic Times reported that during a conference held as part of the Vietnam Private Sector Economic Forum 2019 in Hanoi on May 2, Vu Dai Thang, Vice Minister of Planning and Investment, cited a joint study by Google and Singapore-based investment Temasek Holdings as showing that the country’s digital economy posted US$3 billion in revenues in 2015 and US$9 billion in 2018. This figure is expected to reach US$30 billion by 2025, Thang added. Underpinning huge potential for the digital economy, the vice minister also quoted a forecast by Australia’s data innovation group Data 61 that the nation’s GDP value could reap an additional US$162 billion within 20 years if digital transformation is carried out successfully. He underscored the need to shape a basic perception of the digital economy which covers all economic activities based on digital platforms. Given this, the Ministry of Planning and Investment is scheduled to map out strategies aimed at boosting the development of the digital economy and Industry 4.0. Nguyen Thanh Hung, Vice Minister of Information and Communications, said the digital economy would force local firms to renew their production process and business towards… Read full this story
- Learning spirit, confidence and creativity key to Việt Nam's future success
- Members should be heard and not seen. The rise of Clubhouse and social audio?
- Commentary: Soon you may be competing with talent globally. The Fortitude Budget is a wake-up call
- Myanmar's UN envoy dramatically opposes coup in his country
- Commentary: Home-based learning is strange, new ground. But we can conquer that too
- When is the 2021 Budget - and what will be in it? Stamp duty, furlough and more
- Southeast region speeds up major transport projects to relieve congestion
- What is Agile software development? Everything you need to know about delivering better code, faster
- COVID-19 social media vigilantes: A valid or harmful way of dealing with rule breakers?
- Telcos to also come under regulatory scrutiny of revised intermediary rules
Experts urge completion of legal framework for digital economy have 326 words, post on english.vov.vn at May 3, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.