Bandarlampung (ANTARA) – Tens of media workers in Bandarlampung, the capital city of Lampung Province, staged a peaceful rally at the city’s Adipura Monument on Friday to commemorate this year’s World Press Day by echoing their demand to end all forms of violence and intimidation on crusading journalists. They highlighted the fact that those involved in physical violence and intimidation on working journalists in Lampung Province were seldom brought to court. According to the rally’s coordinator Padli Ramdan, there have been five cases of physical violence and intimidation on journalists in Lampung over the past two years. World Press Day was a good moment for all elements of society, including security personnel, to conduct a self-introspection, so that all acts of violence and intimidation on working journalists could be stopped, he said. The law enforcers were expected to adopt Indonesia’s Press Law to handle cases of violence and intimidation on journalists in the future, he added. Regarding the 2019 World Press Day, UNESCO revealed that its main celebration took place in Addis Ababa, the capital city of Ethiopia, from May 1 to 3, during which multiple actors exchanged views and perspectives on current issues, threats and achievements concerning the… Read full this story
- 5 treats to celebrate World Chocolate Day
- Who are this year's nominees of the World Press Photo awards?
- The story behind the Venezuelan World Press Photo of 2018
- World AIDS Day: 5 Stories You Should Read About HIV/AIDS Awareness
- MEPs take part in plastic cleanup to mark World Cleanup Day
- On Eve of World Vegan Day, Editor Is Roasted for Email About ‘Killing Vegans’
- Pinoys attend World Youth Day
- World Vegan Day: Veganism isn’t as hard as your think, says Mastercard top boss
- Chinese government extends invite to 10 Indonesian journalists
Indonesian journalists celebrate World Press Day in Lampung have 295 words, post on en.antaranews.com at May 4, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.