International Dance Day celebrated in CapizThe National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) led by Chairman and National Artist Virgilio Almario and National Committee on Dance led by Shirley Halili-Cruz once again organized “Dance Xchange: The Philippine International Dance Workshop and Festival.” Held on April 26 to 30 in Roxas City, Capiz, the festival carried the theme “Cultural Connectivity through Dance.” Dance Xchange is the Philippine celebration of International Dance Day every April 29. The International Dance Day (IDD) was created by the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute-Unesco which marks the birthdate of Jean-Georges Noverre, the creator of modern ballet. IDD aims to promote dance in all its forms across the world, including the Philippines, to make people aware of the value of dance, share the joy of dance with others and, enable the dance community to promote their work on a broad scale, so that governments and opinion leaders are aware of the value and importance of dance and support it. Dance Xchange is also held in accordance with Presidential Proclamation No. 154, declaring the last week of April as the “National Dance Week.” The program aims to enhance knowledge and skills of the dancers, dance… Read full this story
- International Widow's Day Celebration
- Father's Day Celebrations Around the World
- May Day Celebration - Traditional And Contemporary Ways
- International Passion Day and How it Impacts Your Life, Destiny, and Purpose
- Celebrate International Scrapbooking Day
- Company Day - Celebrating Achievements!
- Chocolate Pudding Day - Celebrate It
- Mother's Day Celebrates 100th Anniversary in 2008
- A Memorial Day Celebration
- Fashion Tips - An Observation From Every Day Celebrities
International Dance Day celebrated in Capiz have 265 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at May 5, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.