Deputy PM Trinh Dinh Dung speaks at the conference – Photo: VGP Since the disease first appeared in August 2018, the Vietnamese Government, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, related ministries and People's Committees across the country have made every effort to fight against the disease. Thua Thien – Hue province and 55 communes in 36 districts of 16 provinces and cities have reported no case of the disease over the past 30 days. As many as 740 areas and pig breeding establishments are certified as being safe from the disease. However, the disease remains complicated. As of May 12, 2019, the disease is still occurring in 2,296 communes in more than 200 districts of 29 provinces and cities, with a total of 1.2 million infected and destroyed pigs (accounting for over 4% of the total pig population of the country). The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development said that one of the reasons for the outbreak of the disease is that the destruction of infected pigs has yet to be conducted in a timely or thorough manner in several localities. Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Nguyen Xuan Cuong asked the affected provinces to take stronger solutions to fight… Read full this story
- Agriculture sector requests drastic measures to prevent ASF recurrence
- Vietnam destroys 4,000 pigs as African swine fever makes comeback
- African swine fever recurs in 20 localities nationwide
- Poland Sees Second African Swine Fever Outbreak This Year – Report
- 'Unstoppable': African swine fever deaths to eclipse record 2019 toll
- Morning Digest: India open to dialogue with Nepal; citing swine fever, China bans pork imports from India, and more
- UK theme parks may have to block middle seat on rides to prevent spread of coronavirus – leading to even longer queues
- What do the new EU-visa rules mean for Africans?
- China's top medical adviser tells its people to wear face masks 'for at least another year' to stop the spread of coronavirus
- Provinces vaccinate livestock against foot-and-mouth disease, swine flu
More drastic measures required to prevent spread of African swine fever have 306 words, post on ven.vn at May 14, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.