Quang Ngai (VNA) – The People’s Committee of central Quang Ngai province has sought 233 billion VND (10 million USD) from the Government for undertaking urgent works to prevent coastal erosion.
The funds would be used to build coastal embankments in Binh Hai and Binh Tri communes in Binh Son district, Pho Thanh commune in Pho Duc district and Tinh Khe commune in Quang Ngai city.
Local residents have been expressing concern to authorities as erosion has threatened their lives and properties and public infrastructure.
Last year, the government provided 125 billion VND for the central province.
In addition to the government’s assistance, the province also plans to use 22 billion VND from its own resources for these works.-VNA
- Quang Ninh FC set to shine in V.League
- Hoops slam Flanagan call as embarrassing after Gers win appeal
- Isn't it Ironic: Chevrolet Launches Engaging Phone App Intended to Curb Distracted Driving
- Maple Leafs sign Calle Rosen, get defenceman Steven Oleksy in trade with Ducks
- Quadruple can be more than just a dream for Belfast Giants, says new GB call-up Lewis Hook
- Courtois blushes spared as dubious VAR call saves Real Madrid against Ajax
- Rangers assistant Gary McAllister treated in hospital after being punched in the face in Leeds
- Hyundai Keeps Assurance Program for 2010, Adds Roadside Assistance
- McDermott brings in Millar to assist his mission
- By popular demand: Schottenheimer explains his play calls in Seahawks’ season-ending loss