ST. LOUIS (AP) — The Latest on severe weather in the central United States (all times local): 7:35 p.m. Flights have resumed at Lambert Airport in St. Louis after a temporary halt caused by a severe storm. The Federal Aviation Administration ordered a temporary halt to both arrivals and departures Tuesday evening, when a strong storm passed through the region. After about an hour, the flights were able to resume. There were reports of funnel clouds cited in St. Charles County, near St. Louis, and downtown turned pitch black as a strong storm rumbled through. But by 7:30 p.m. the worst of the storm appeared to have passed without any reports of significant damage. The storm was part of a system that began Monday in the Plains. Around three dozen tornadoes have been reported since Monday night. ___ 6:45 p.m. A severe storm in the St. Louis area is forcing Lambert Airport to temporarily halt all flights. The storm rolled into the region Tuesday evening. Funnel clouds were reported in St. Charles County, but there were no immediate reports of major damage. Lambert officials say the Federal Aviation Administration stopped all arrivals and departures around 6:30 p.m. due to the… Read full this story
- Brutal Winter Storm Gia sweeps through Midwest and onto the Northeast leaving at least SEVEN dead, thousands without power and 1,800 stranded on highways after heavy snowfall causes hundreds of crashes
- Winter Storm Gia is set to impact 20 MILLION people from Washington DC to Colorado and dump a foot of snow on Missouri and Illinois
- Hong Kong on a hair trigger: Riot cop pulls a gun on protesters who stole his baton during violent clashes at Hong Kong airport after a Chinese man was tied and beaten up 'for being an undercover agent'
- Donald Trump reaches deal with Congress to reopen government temporarily
- Trump signs bill to reopen government for 3 weeks
- Airport chaos for families as summer holidays are delayed after heatwave and storms caused flights and trains to be cancelled and sparked Air Traffic Control glitch... with delays set to last into tomorrow
- Lawmakers dismiss fresh fears of another government shutdown
- What Is Impossible Burger And Where Can You Get It? Everything to Know About the Latest Plant-Based Craze
- Disney World reopens despite Hurricane Dorian, company pledges $1 million to Bahamas relief
- Hurricane Dorian cancellations: Latest on flights and holiday destinations affected by the Category 5 storm
The Latest: St. Louis airport reopens after storm shutdown have 388 words, post on apnews.com at May 22, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.