It was once called ‘the greatest recipe to originate in the Americas in 50 years’, but its origins are shrouded in mystery. Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Reddit Share on WhatsApp Share on Google+ Share by Email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Reddit Share on StumbleUpon Share on Google+ Share by Email By L Sasha Gora 22 May 2019 It was early Friday afternoon at the San Ysidro Port of Entry, the busiest land border crossing in the world, which connects Tijuana, Mexico, and San Diego in the US. Some Mexicans were returning home from a week of work, while some Americans were getting an early start to their weekend. I was heading to Tijuana to eat lunch at the restaurant that invented the Caesar salad.That’s right: one of the US’s most famous dishes was invented in Mexico. View image of Caesar salad, one of the US’s most famous dishes, was invented in Mexico (Credit: Credit: Lindsay Lauckner Gundlock/Alamy) You may also be interested in:The foraged green that can killIs this really a ‘perfect’ food?The surprising origin of the appleAfter getting my passport stamped and walking across the border, I wandered past discount chemists… Read full this story
- Quarantine salad: 'What two weeks in an isolation hotel has taught me about eating well with less'
- The ugly truth about millions of American jobs: They are not coming back
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry photo hides sad truth about royal family
- Sex And The City: 11 surprising facts about iconic show
- Alabama teen activist seeks truth, change amid protests
- Royal chefs! Meghan Markle, Prince George and more royals with surprising cooking skills
- 'There is no truth to this': Justin Bieber denies sexual assault allegation
- Atlanta officer charged in Rayshard Brooks case: 'I have 100 percent faith the truth will come out'
- Ex-NBA Player, Black Lives Matter Advocate Stephen Jackson: Eagles’ DeSean Jackson Was ‘Speaking the Truth’ with Antisemitic Posts
- Gulabo Sitabo Movie Review: Dramedy That Makes You Realise An Important Truth About Life!
The surprising truth about Caesar salad have 330 words, post on www.bbc.com at May 22, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.