June 15, 2019 | 08:38 pm GMT+7
Roads leading to Binh Hiep Border Guard Station in Long An Province have been blocked. Photo by VnExpress/Huu Loc
A second lieutenant of Binh Hiep border guard station in Long An Province shot and injured three colleagues in the station on Saturday evening.
“Ta Quang Dat, chief of staff of Binh Hiep Border Guard Station, shot and wounded at least three people in his station,” said Chairman of Kien Tuong Town People’s Committee Nguyen Van Vu.
The victims have been sent to the provincial hospital.
Local authorities said Dat holds a gun that looks like an AK riffle and is still entrenching in the station.
“The scene is very chaotic. The provincial government has called for residents evacuation. Authorities are negotiating with Dat,” Vu said.
All roads leading to the site has been cordoned off. People living near the station have been evacuated.
- Saudi Arabia mulls plans to turn Qatar into island by building canal along border and dumping nuclear waste there
- Deadly border agent incidents cloaked in silence
- London shootings: 16-year-old boy shot in face in case of 'mistaken identity'
- Donald Trump to deploy National Guard to the Mexican border 'as soon as tonight'
- Trump credits Mexico for breaking up migrant caravan, as he deploys troops to the border
- President Trump vows to send 2,000 to 4,000 troops to Mexico border
- Iraqi forces capture 5 top IS leaders in cross-border raid
- The Latest: Britain calls HK shooting 'disproportionate'
- 3 Israelis wounded after back-to-back shootings in Hebron: military