A US Lockheed Martin F-16 fighter jet on the final day of the Aero India 2019 air show. EPA-EFE/JAGADEESH NV. After the US State Department announced on Monday evening that it has approved a possible sale to Bulgaria of a squadron of new and fully armed F-16 Block 70/72 aircraft for an estimated cost of $1.673 billion, the Bulgarian defence minister said he expected to get the planes for a cheaper price. “I think we can get close to $1-1.1 billion USD, which is within reasonable limits and favourable for Bulgaria,” Defence Minister Krasimir Karakachanov told reporters on Tuesday. “Of course, the US side will try to get as high price as they can, but it is far from clear we will comply. At least I can tell you I will try to go down to $1-1.11 billion, which I think is realistic,” he added. Karakachanov’s comments come after the Defence Security Cooperation Agency of the US State Department announced it has delivered the required certification notifying Congress of the possible sale on May 30. “By acquiring these F-16s and the associated sustainment and training package, Bulgaria will be able to provide for the defence of its own airspace and… Read full this story
- Captain Tom WILL be saluted with flypast of RAF fighter jets to mark his 100th birthday
- US Senators 'Seek to Block Deployment of F-35A Jets to UK' Over Huawei's Role in 5G Rollout
- Newly promoted COLONEL Tom Moore is honoured with an RAF flypast over his home to celebrate his 100th birthday – as Boris Johnson tells him he is a 'point of light in all our lives'
- Dr Fauci says coronavirus is the nightmare scenario he's feared for years and 'keeps me up at night' as US death toll exceeds the Vietnam War at 58,000
- I foiled an assassination attempt on the president in a GTA 5 flight sim roleplay server
- Rafale deal 'largest defence scam' in India's history: Prashant Bhushan
- Aussie UFC star Robert Whittaker eyes bout on Fight Island against Englishman Darren Till
- Pompeo Brands Turkey's S-400 Tests 'Concerning' as Ankara Seeks Further Talks With Washington
- Train likely belonging to North Korea’s Kim seen at resort town – US monitor
- South Africa’s Zuma to face trial after dropping appeal against prosecution
Bulgaria Hopes for Discount on US Fighter Jets have 368 words, post on balkaninsight.com at June 4, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.