Hanoi (VNA) – Children, teenagers and movies buffs will have chance to see exciting and emotional German films at festivals in Hanoi, Hue, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City.
The festival is being held by German Film Festival for Children and Youth SCHLINGEL to screen the best recent movies including My Devil-Friend Lilith, Little Witch, Simple, Jim Button and Luke the Locomotive Driver, Matti and Sami And The Three Biggest Mistakes of The Universe and Supa Modo.
Supa Modo tells the story of a cancer-stricken girl named Jo who dreams of becoming a super hero. And miraculously the dream comes true. It won the Children’s Jury Generation Kplus at the Berlinale International Film Festival in 2018.
The film will be shown in Swahili with Vietnamese and English subtitles.
In My Devil-Friend Lilith, a teenage daughter of the devil feels bored with her life in hell. She wants to go to the human world and experience the lives of ordinary people, but to get permission she must convince her father she can be angry and evil.
Little Witch is about a rebellious person who doesn’t like to follow the rules. Her misdeeds are discovered, and she is given a punishment of memorising 7892 spells in a year.
Schlingel Film Festival director Michael Harbauer, My Devil-Friend Lilith’s producer Sonja Lore Gabriele Ewers, Little Witch’s casting director Daniela Elisabeth Tolkie and Simple’s director Markus Friedrich Goller will meet audiences at the film festival’s opening ceremonies in Hanoi and HCM City.
German artists are scheduled to host talks with young filmmakers in HCM City and Hanoi on June 20 and 26.
The films are shown dubbed into Vietnamese in Hanoi from June 21 to 30, in Hue from June 25 to 29, in Da Nang from June 26 to 30 and in HCM City from June 19 to 24. – VNA
- Details on German Film Festival in Vietnam 2015
- August 31-September 6: German Film Festival in Vietnam 2015
- Third annual German film coming to Vietnamese theaters this fall
- Nhandan Newspaper - August 31-September 6: German Film Festival in Vietnam 2015
- German video comes to Vietnam
- German film fest offers drama, thrillers and comedy
- German film festival offers versatility
- Goethe Institute to take German films to major cities
- German Festival draws crowds in Hanoi