Lao Cai (VNA) – Police of the northern province of Lao Cai have arrested three men who illegally transported 16 bricks of heroin in Muong Khuong district.
This is an inter-provincial and trans-national drug trafficking ring from Laos to the Central Highlands province of Dak Lak, and via Lao Cai to China.
Over 50 officers and soldiers were mobilised, dividing into five working groups to conduct an ambush for arresting the traffickers – Giang Seo Ky residing in Bao Thang district; Ly A Pao from Muong Khuong district; and Sung Seo Pao from Dak Lak.
Sung Seo Pao admitted to bringing 20 bricks of heroin from Dak Lak to Lao Cai city for sale. About 10 days ago, Pao hired Giang A Chong in Bao Thang district to sell four bricks of heroin.
The remaining 16 ones, Pao hired Giang Seo Ky and Ly A Pao to continue selling. However, the two traffickers were caught on the way to deliver the drug.
On 12/6, Giang A Chong, born in 1992, gave himself up to the police.-VNA
- Lao Cai police arrests drug trafficker, seizing 10 bricks of heroin
- Lao Cai police bust two drug trafficking operations
- Lao Cai woman arrested for drug trafficking
- Lao Cai’s police arrest two heroin smugglers
- Lao Cai Police nab 3 drug traffickers, seize heroin
- Lao Cai police break up largest drug trafficking ring
- Lai Chau police arrest drug traffickers
- Lao Cai razes drug trafficking ring with 329 bricks of heroin
- Meth, heroin traffickers arrested in Lao Cai, Thanh Hoa