Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo will link up with former Reds captain Steven Gerrard after agreeing a season-long loan move to Rangers on Tuesday (Jun 18).
|Sheyi Ojo (left) has joined Rangers on loan from Liverpool. (AFP/PASCAL PAVANI)|
England youth international Ojo has made 13 appearances for the Liverpool first team, but has spent most of his Anfield career in loan spells at Wigan, Wolves, Fulham and last season with Reims in Ligue 1.
“The last 18 months to two years I’ve not had that consistent opportunity to play football,” Ojo told Rangers TV.
“When I heard Rangers were interested I spoke to my representative, the gaffer, Steven Gerrard, and to Liverpool and all the parties felt this was the right destination for my career.”
Ojo becomes Rangers’ fourth new recruit for next season after the club sealed free transfers for Jake Hastie, Jordan Jones and Greg Stewart.
- Sheyi Ojo arrives in Glasgow ahead of proposed Rangers loan move
- Rangers reject Rams raid report as Oyo joins on loan
- Sheyi Ojo: Rangers sign Liverpool winger on season-long loan
- Rangers chiefs hold talks over permanent Sheyi Ojo transfer but wait on Liverpool stance
- Liverpool target two World Cup stars ahead of £100m Anfield clear-out: Premier League transfer rumours
- The three wingers fighting for a Liverpool place
- Liverpool winger completes loan move to Rangers
- Steven Gerrard: Time for Rangers to move on from Ryan Kent
- 7 Liverpool players Steven Gerrard could try and bring to Rangers