The grisly news that the North Korean leader Kim Jong Un allegedly executed his envoy for nuclear talks with the United States didn’t come as a total surprise. Rumors have swirled for weeks that Kim purged his negotiating team over the collapse of his second summit with President Donald Trump in February.North Korean state media published ominous language about “stern judgment” for “traitors” on Thursday, which a South Korean newspaper cited along with the account of an anonymous source to claim that some North Korean officials had been gunned down and others imprisoned. Though the report is unconfirmed, with the U.S. and South Korean governments both stating that they’re looking into the matter, it has nonetheless elicited an outcry among Trump’s critics.Here was the ruthless totalitarian whom the American president has professed to admire and trust (“We fell in love”) and whose latest missile tests Trump has doggedly downplayed, despite the concerns of his allies in Asia and his own advisers (Kim “knows that I am with him & does not want to break his promise to me. Deal will happen!”). Just last week, Trump gleefully applauded Kim for calling former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden “a low IQ individual.”
- The thinking behind Kim Jong Un's 'madness'
- Trump beats Kim, sort of, at Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Trump declares North Korea state sponsor of terrorism, triggers sanctions
- Trump says North Korea's Kim insulted him by calling him 'old'
- Trump declares North Korea state sponsor of terror
- Analysis: Trump heads home with 'America First' ringing in Asian ears
- Gaza restaurant offers N.Koreans discount in gesture to Kim
- Trump: China's N.Korea diplomacy appears to have 'no impact on Little Rocket Man'
- US nuclear button 'much bigger' than N.Korea's: Trump
- North Korea reopens border hotline as Trump boasts of 'bigger' nuclear button
The Disturbing Logic of Trump’s Lovefest With Kim Jong Un have 301 words, post on www.theatlantic.com at June 1, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.