Pancakes have always been happy food. But pancakes that look like they've been inflated to jiggly proportions and might float into the air at any moment? Those make us all light-headed and giggly. That's why the souffle pancake trend is gaining momentum – especially with Osaka's famed Gram Cafe & Pancakes opening this week at VivoCity. Souffle pancake dishes are also available at several establishments such as Belle-Ville Pancake Cafe, Kyushu Pancake Cafe, Hoshino Coffee and Cafe De Nicole's Flower. Although fluffy, wobbly, cottony pancakes are oh so fun to eat, they're not so fun to make, shared chef Pang Kok Keong of Antoinette cafe, which has launched a new menu featuring souffle pancakes. "Every part of (the cooking process) requires you to really focus and pay attention. If you under-whip the egg white, the mix will come out flat. If you over-mix it, your meringue will fall apart," he divulged. In addition, the griddle has to be exactly the right temperature, and the pancake has to be flipped at just the right moment. These are some of the reasons why the labour-intensive dish often requires a longer waiting time than regular run-of-the-mill flapjacks, and can also come at a… Read full this story
- Software vulnerabilities are on the rise — here’s why
- 4 Fast-Rising Digital Marketing Trends Leading Into 2019
- 6 ERP trends for 2018
- Apocalypse Not: Here's Why You Shouldn't Worry About End Times
- Better eating through technology: the restaurant industry in 2019
- Sea Of Thieves Anniversary Update Achievement List: Here’s Everything You Can Earn
- Sick of getting schooled in Fortnite? Here’s what happened when we hired a Battle Royale teacher
- Will rising food costs after Brexit really cause thousands of deaths?
- The rise and fall of the Android tablet
- The FDA is warning against sun protection pills. Here's why.
The wobbly souffle pancake trend is on the rise – here's where to eat it up have 306 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at June 14, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.