Tra Vinh (VNA) – The southern province of Tra Vinh People’s Committee has decided to invest 35 billion VND (1.5 million USD) in implementing a resettlement project for people affected by landslides in Cau Ngang town and Thuan Hoa commune, Cau Ngang district.
Of which, 15 billion VND will come from the central budget and the rest from the provincial budget.
The investor is the Management Board of the province’s Rural Development and Agricultural Construction Investment Projects.
The project will build an embankment system over a total length of 500m, a pier, drainage system, trees and power supply.
It is expected to be put into use in 2020, providing stable accommodation for 242 households.
In addition, the project will help prevent flooding in Cau Ngang town and erosion along the river.
In the period 2012-18, Tra Vinh province invested about 107 billion VND (4.6 million USD) resettling people in landslide-prone areas.
More than 500 households with 2,000 people were given new accommodation, vocational training and farming training.
Provincial authorities also encouraged people to grow mangrove trees. — VNA
- HCM City seeks Japan’s investment for smart city projects
- Vietnam Airlines earns 142 million USD in pre-tax profit
- Dota 2's The International's prize pool is now up to $10 million USD
- League of Legends World Championships Prize Distribution - $2.13 Million USD Total
- After investing millions in gaming, Google will “reveal all” next month
- Dev behind acclaimed PS3 game Journey raises $7 million for next project
- Ubisoft investing $507M in Splinter Cell shop
- Nutaku sets up a $2 million investment fund for Adult Gaming Development
- Telltale Games Allegedly Fined $1 Million For Stranger Things Leaks
- CD Projekt Rich: Witcher 3 revenues total $250 million, trilogy sells 25 million