Hanoi (VNA) – Ambassador Nguyen Tam Chien, Chairman of the Vietnam – US Society (VUS) under the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organisations (VUFO), received a visiting delegation from the George School in the US state of Pennsylvania in Hanoi on June 15.
During the reception, Ambassador Chien briefed the guests on the Vietnam – US education cooperation. He noted that more than 33,000 Vietnamese students are pursuing their study in the US at present.
He answered questions related to Vietnam’s development in recent years, and the multifaceted cooperation between the two countries.
Children in the delegation joined a homestay programme in Hanoi on June 15 and 16.
During their stay in Vietnam from June 10-22, the guests are scheduled to visit a number of agencies and charity centres in Hanoi, engage in voluntary work in the northern province of Hoa Binh, and make a tour to Ha Long Bay, a World Heritage site in the northern coastal province of Quang Ninh.
Established in 1893, George School set up relations with the VUS since 1997, with visits to Vietnam arranged every two years since 2010, aiming to give the school’s students get more understanding of Vietnam’s culture and history and people.-VNA
- Russian school delegation visits Vietnam
- Indian youth delegation visits Vietnam
- Romanian military delegation visits Vietnam
- Vietnam-France Friendship Delegation Visits Vietnam
- Minister Delegate for Cooperation, Development and Francophony Visits Vietnam
- New York teachers, students visit Vietnam
- Senior Party delegation visits Cuba
- Foreign military attaches visit Vietnam's army units
- Danish Minister of Education Visits Vietnam