The eight-member Vietnamese team brought home five gold medals from the 2019 Asia-Pacific Mathematical Olympiad for Primary Schools (APMOPS 2019), ranked only after host Singapore.
|Eight members of the Vietnamese team pose for a group photo (Photo: vnexpress.net)|
Of the five gold medallists, three were named among the top ten contestants with highest scores. They are from the Hanoi Star Secondary School, Hanoi Amsterdam High School, and Ngo Gia Tu Secondary School.
The APMOPS, organised by Singaporean-based Hwa Chong Institution, is an annual event for under-13 students that sets out to generate greater interest in mathematics among pupils in primary schools and sharpening their problem-solving skills.
This year the competition attracted the participation of candidates from 14 Asia-Pacific countries.
- Vietnam wins gold at Asia-Pacific Maths contest
- Vietnam wins six golds at Asia-Pacific maths contest
- Vietnam wins four gold medals at Asia Pacific math contest
- Vietnam wins six gold medals at Asia-Pacific maths contest
- Vietnamese students win Asia-Pacific Maths Olympiad gold medals
- Vietnam bags four gold medals at Asia Pacific maths competition
- Vietnam bags four gold medals at Asia Pacific math competition
- Vietnamese kids win gold at maths contest
- Social News Headlines 16/6