A five-year-old boy has become ebola’s first confirmed fatality in Uganda. A deadly outbreak of the killer disease broke out in DR Congo last year and it has now spread to its neighbouring country. The terrifying virus, which can kill up to 90 per cent of those it infects, is already “out of control” in the Democratic Republic of Congo – three years after the disease devastated West Africa, leaving over 11,000 dead. And now it has spread to neighouring nations after the boy was taken to hospital in Uganda when he started vomiting blood. Experts are now warning of a global outbreak even worst than the last one, with a “heightened risk” that the virus could spread. More than 2,000 people have already died since the latest outbreak 10 months ago. The worst Ebola outbreak in history was declared over in April 2016, 42 days after the last case tested negative. But it didn’t take long for Ebola to rear its ugly head once more. New cases began to emerge in the northeastern parts of DRC 10 months ago, where armed militias in the war-torn country have been fighting each other. The turbulent security situation means aid agencies and… Read full this story
- New Biden Chief Turned Outbreak ‘Calamity Into a Triumph’
- Obama’s ‘Ebola Czar’ Ron Klain Asks: Will Donald Trump Step Up Now?
- Health Care Workers Better Equipped to Fight Ebola Outbreaks
- CDC Calls Ebola Outbreak ‘Forest Fire’
- Coronavirus is found in minks in America, Spain and Italy: SIX countries report outbreaks linked to fur farms amid fears mutant strain could hamper vaccine - as Britain bans visitors from Denmark and cull of 17m animals continues
- Ebola Could Deal a Death Blow to Africa’s Wildlife
- 'He should be ashamed of himself': Cuomo slams 'bully' Trump for threatening to withhold vaccine from New York until governor admits it's safe and says real reason president is angry is criminal probes
- How tragedy shaped man poised to be America's new president: After a life dogged by family trauma and political failure, Joe Biden - a used car salesman's son from Pennsylvania – closes in on the White House
- Firework thugs wreak havoc on Bonfire Night: Terrifying moment yobs fire rockets at police in Lancashire, target each other with missiles in Glasgow and crowds run for cover at out-of-control display in Liverpool
- A South Dakota man who voiced concerns about his state's hospital capacity died from coronavirus
Why we may never defeat ebola as boy, 5, dies in terrifying new outbreak have 394 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.