Date created : 21/07/2019 – 17:28
Simon Yates of Britain posted a second stage win with a solo raid during the last Pyrenean trek of the Tour de France as Thibaut Pinot gained more time on his rivals in the fight for the yellow jersey on Sunday.
Yates triumphed at the summit of the Prat d’Albis in Stage 15, three days after his first stage victory in the southwestern mountain range.
Pinot crossed the finish line in second place, 33 seconds behind Yates, and moved to fourth overall according to provisional results.
Julian Alaphilippe cracked in the final of the four climbs on the program but salvaged his yellow jersey. Defending champion Geraint Thomas remained second in the general classification.
- PV Sindhu Scripts History, Becomes 1st Indian To Win BWF World Tour Finals
- Therese Johaug ties her own cross-country win record in Tour de Ski
- Award-Winning Writer Probed in France For Allegedly Raping Minor Following Bombshell Book Release
- Hailstorm stops Tour de France and dashes French hopes of homegrown victory
- EU chief writes scathing 'love letter' to Britain about Brexit and criticises the 'unnecessary damage' it has done as he says the country will 'always be welcome to come back'
- Nish Kumar review – smart skewering from Britain's cheery clown-preacher
- Roger Federer routs Frances Tiafoe in Basel opener
- Simon Cowell gets the giggles with girlfriend Lauren Silverman at dog charity event in Barbados before doting on his lookalike son Eric, 5
- Denim: World Tour review – cheeky, transgressive drag act think global
- Enter stage right: 12 theatre stars for 2020