Climate scientist Michael Mann is calling for a “world war-type” mobilization to address climate change. “We do need a world-war type mobilization and that means putting in place incentives to move our economy as quickly as we can away from fossil fuels to renewable energy,” Mann, a scientist at Pennsylvania State University who is known for taking on climate skeptics, told Hill.TV in an interview that aired Wednesday. “Now how we do that, there’s a legitimate policy debate to be had about how we do that but there isn’t a legitimate debate to be had anymore about the need to do that,” he added. Mann warned that lawmakers should take immediate action, arguing that the Trump administration is actively seeking to dismantle 50 years of environmental protections put in place by both Democratic and Republican administrations. He pointed to Trump’s rollback of the Clean Power Plan, a 2015 Obama-era policy aimed at combatting greenhouse gas emissions from power plants, as an example. Mann also argued that Trump is “committed to denying” climate change and has pushed to prevent the government from taking the issue into account when making policy decisions. The Department of Agriculture (USDA) reportedly opted against publicizing dozens of peer-reviewed studies on climate… Read full this story
- Scientists decode world's oldest DNA from 700,000-year-old horse
- Can the Paris Climate Talks Save Our Planet?
- Boris Johnson urged to speak out against climate deniers
- 10 common myths about climate change — and what science really says
- What If the Courts Could Save the Climate?
- Who are the 75 Australian 'scientists and professionals' who say there is no climate emergency?
- Top Physicist Freeman Dyson: Obama Has Picked The ‘Wrong Side’ On Climate Change
- Will the Paris Climate Accord Really Change the World?
- World's oldest microfossils found, researchers claim
- Coronavirus is a deadly wake-up call: Historian DOMINIC SANDBROOK says our modernity has made us so vulnerable to a threat spreading panic like a medieval plague
Climate scientist calls for 'world war type mobilization' to combat climate change have 318 words, post on thehill.com at July 3, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.