The five-day event hosted various activities, including a ceremony marking the death anniversary of local man Do Cong Tuong.
|Young visitors posing for photos at the event|
Do Cong Tuong moved from the Central region to settle in My Tra village in 1817 under Gia Long’s reign. Tuong, who cleared wild land and planted many fruit trees, realized that the area’s rivers and roads would suit the trade of fruit and agricultural products. He gathered many people in the area and set up what is known today as the Cao Lanh market.
The anniversary of Do Cong Tuong’s death is held annually from the 8th day to the 10th day of the sixth lunar month. This year, it was a highlight of the culture and tourism event.
Other activities were to introduce the province’s safe farm produce, traditional handicraft villages, agro-tourism and tourism products. A cooking contest on specialties of Mekong Delta localities was also held in the event.
Within the week’s framework, a display about Cao Lanh – Hoi An was set up to promote the culture and tourism of Dong Thap and Quang Nam provinces and to strengthen their relationship.
Speaking at the closing ceremony, Director of the provincial Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism Nguyen Ngoc Thuong, who was also deputy head of the organizing board, said the week of culture and tourism has helped bolster tourism cooperation and cultural exchanges between localities.
It also aimed to conserve and develop values of intangible culture heritage to foster tourism and brand building of the province, he added.
- Exhibition introduces traditional, contemporary Dong Ho paintings
- Rule the world through tourism in ‘Civilization V’s’ “Brave New World”
- Coming Attractions: The Rise of VR Porn
- Chester's award-winning library puts culture at heart of transformation
- This startup is creating the cultural cryptocurrency for museums and institutions
- New Shepard: Rocket for Space Tourism
- Jeff Bezos's Blue Origin: Successful 'New Shepard' Test Flight Brings Amazon Boss Closer to Space Tourism
- 30 new and notable Android games from the last week (3/14/18
- Online Lingerie Show Attracts 565,000
- U.S. Visitors, Immigrants Could Be Required To Reveal Social Media Identities