Ex-champion boxer Michael Watson is ‘heartbroken’ after the son of the neurosurgeon who saved his life died suddenly in an outdoor swimming pool and told MailOnline today: ‘I loved the boy’. Mr Watson had known Dominic Hamlyn since the Cambridge student was eight and first met him when he completed the London Marathon in six days in 2003. Dominic’s father Peter saved Michael’s life after he operated on a blood clot formed on his brain minutes after his world title fight with Chris Eubank in 1991 and was at his patient’s side throughout his 26.2mile miracle run 16 years ago. The 24-year-old died in the early hours of Sunday after taking a swim at the end of his brother’s 21st birthday party at the £3.5million family home in Crundale, near Canterbury, Kent. Last night his father Peter said he has been left ‘broken’ after the death of his ‘hero’ son and revealed he suffered a cardiac arrest. Today Michael Watson paid tribute to his surgeon’s eldest child, who himself completed the London Marathon in 2014 for brain and spine injury because he ‘swore when I was old enough I would run it’ because of the boxer’s own inspirational journey. Mr Watson told MailOnline today: ‘I’m… Read full this story
- Eight-year-old autistic son of NYPD cop 'was starved, beaten and locked in a garage and left to freeze to death overnight' say police as his father and his fiance are charged with second-degree murder
- How David Cameron fell for 21-year-old 'hippy-like art student' Samantha during 'blissful week' partying together... and how Theresa May walked in on her having a final dance and smoke around Number 10's kitchen
- Protective services ignored complaints that NYPD cop made his autistic 9-year-old son sleep in the garage - one year before his other son, 8, 'froze to death after being locked in the same building overnight'
- Heartbroken mother breaks down in tears and prays for her three children - aged eight, 12 and 13 - at the scene of their deaths after they were run over and killed 'by a drunk driver' while getting ice creams
- 'They took him into their hearts, knowing nothing of his monstrous obsession with drugs, death and DEPRAVITY': Tragic Louella's family treated her lover like a son... he repaid them by killing her
- Parents Lose Their 'Loving' Twin Toddlers to Cancer 18 Months Apart: 'They Were Just Amazing'
- Lewis Capaldi has a ball at Grammys showcase event while his ex Paige Turley 'cracks on' in Love Island villa
- Bride and Prejudice's Milly Johnson welcomes a baby boy just weeks after her ex-fiancé Micah Downey, 26, died from a drug overdose - and names the child after his late father
- Boris Johnson questioned Michael Gove's mental health calling him 'a bit cracked' after being betrayed during 2016 Tory leadership race, David Cameron's memoirs reveal
- ‘Stay with me…keep breathing’: Colleague reveals he desperately tried to save murdered PC, 28, who was ‘dragged to his death’ by car at scene of burglary
'I loved him and knew him since he was a little boy': Ex-boxer Michael Watson - whose life was saved by Britain's top neurosurgeon - reveals his heartbreak at drowning death of doctor's 24-year-old son have 488 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 30, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.