Raise the alert level on the Thunder trading Russell Westbrook . This doesn't prove anything about Westbrook. It doesn't match the significance of Oklahoma City shipping Paul George to the Clippers. But the Thunder are moving ahead in a teardown by trading Jerami Grant to the Nuggets for a draft pick. Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN: Oklahoma City Is trading F Jerami Grant to Denver for a 2020 first-round pick, league sources tell ESPN. Deal brings OKC it's sixth future first in past week and saves Thunder $39M in salary and luxury tax. — Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 8, 2019 Grant (due $9,346,153 next season and holding a player option for the same salary the following year) was too expensive for Oklahoma City's liking. It's impossible to evaluate the trade fully without knowing the protections, but getting a first-rounder looks nice for the Thunder given where they are in team-building. Considering Oklahoma City must replace Grant on the roster and projecting that to be with a minimum-salary free agent, this trade puts the Thunder in line to save $29,710,941 in salary and luxury tax next season. The tax isn't assessed until the final day of the regular season, so there's plenty… Read full this story
- Paul George trade puts Thunder back on right track
- NBA mock draft 4.0: How massive trades impact Markelle Fultz, Lonzo Ball, Jayson Tatum
- Anderson Varejao subject of trade rumors: The NBA A-Z
- Knicks smart to pause Carmelo trade talk, but smarter to make it happen
- Knicks agree to five-year deal with GM Scott Perry, Kings net second-rounder in return
- NBA trade deadline: Suns trade Goran Dragic to Heat, Thunder send Reggie Jackson to Pistons
- Jerian Grant, struggling in the Knicks' triangle, acknowledges he 'has to figure out a different way to play'
- 2017 NBA draft tracker: Pick-by-pick grades and analysis
- Dolan, Prokhorov to meet 'Melo in L.A.
- Week 21 NBA power rankings: Celtics move past Cavaliers into top four
Report: Thunder trading Jerami Grant to Nuggets for first-rounder - ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports have 321 words, post on nba.nbcsports.com at July 8, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.