Following food poisoning incident after wedding ceremonies in the center, the food safety watchdog and health sector carried out a probe in the center’s chains.
Out of nine restaurants, two stopped their operation for repairing works while seven have met safety standards and their certificates are valid. However, Adora centers in Ngo Gia Tu Street in district 5 and in Hoang Van Thu in Tan Binh district were found to have stagnant water in their drainage; hence, inspectors issued VND8 million each.
Ms. Lan said the food safety inspection will be continuous procedures in the year. When an incident takes place in any business unit, the food safety watchdog will pay unscheduled visit to the unit.
Ms. Lan still affirmed the number of food poisoning patients is not as many as hundred like some online newspaper released.
By THANH SON – Translated by DAN THUY
- Pizza maker put suspected rat poison in the cheese, police say
- Three killed by suspected food poisoning after party in northern Vietnam
- Nam Định's workers hospitalised after suspected food poisonings
- 11 killed, over 90 fall sick over suspected food poisoning at Indian temple
- Israel police arrest suspect in poisoning of rare vultures
- Workers hospitalised due to suspected food poisoning
- Russian suspects in poisoning: We were in Britain as tourists
- Austin Powers star Verne Troyer rushed to hospital with suspected alcohol poisoning after friends ‘feared he was suicidal’
- Dog dies from suspected 1080 poisoning