Bacteria, mould, mildew and bugs can populate in surprising places, especially if you don't clean their hiding places frequently or thoroughly enough. Grime can also prevent your appliances from doing their job well – and, not to mention, potentially make you sick. Here's how often you should be cleaning the stuff in your house, and how to do it effectively. 1. RICE COOKER: EVERY TIME YOU USE IT Make sure you wash the lid components – some hinge-topped models have a removable inner lid that can hide starch from the rice-cooking process. 2. CUTTING BOARD: EVERY TIME YOU USE IT Run plastic boards through the dishwasher to disinfect. If you don't have a machine, scrub hard with soap under fast-flowing water. If you have a wooden board, spray your board with a 25 per cent vinegar-75 per cent water solution. For a more thorough cleaning, you can also make a thick paste of salt and water, rub it on the board, let it sit overnight, and scrape it off in the morning. 3. HUMIDIFIER: EVERY THIRD DAY For cool-mist humidifiers, clean the reservoir with water every third day and, if you have mineral deposits, some plain distilled white vinegar. Don't… Read full this story
- Should you be itemizing your taxes? Tax law experts weigh in
- You can make your home the restorative refuge it should be
- Catch your HOA Board embezzling? Go to Jail
- Five Common Messy Home Causes...And How to Fix Them
- Evacuating? Here's everything you need in your emergency go bag
- Revealed: How much your local council charges to take away bulky waste
- Steps One, Two…Now What Do I Do? Protecting Your Property Value
- These Red Flags on Your 2018 Tax Return Could Spark Interest From the IRS
- A checklist to prepare your vacation home for renters
- ’You can’t go back and build over and over.’ But buying out homes won’t be cheap.
16 disgusting home items you’re probably not cleaning often enough have 312 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at August 3, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.