A recently-launched project on protecting and promoting the treasured Hue garden houses has turned the ancient structures into tourist attraction in Phuoc Tich village. Ancient Ruong houses in Hue have become tourist attraction The 100-year old garden house of Mr. Le Trong Quan has been refurbished thanks to funding of more than 34,000 USD from the project. Quan’s house embraces typical traditional architecture with three main rooms and 2 wing rooms. Quan said his house was in serious disrepair, the pillars worm-eaten, the paint peeling off, and the roof ruined. Quan said ”Thanks to State assistance, we have refurbished some wooden furniture in the house, retiled the roof and floor with Bat Trang ceramics. Other houses in my neighborhood have also been repaired thanks to state funding.” Mr. Le Trong Dao received more than 30,000 USD from the project to restore the structure of his ancient house, which has now become a tourist attraction. Mr. Dao said “Foreign visitors often come during Christmas while domestic visitors come at any time of the year. The tourism business has raised our income. We try to improve our service to contribute to promoting the Phuoc Tich ancient village.” Doan Quyet Thang, Deputy Director… Read full this story
- This Holocaust survivor receives 200 threats a day. Now she needs police protection
- Nancy Pelosi knows she needs to protect the Democratic majority
- Vietnamese flight delayed after S Korean needs urgent medical care
- US agency says cauliflower coral may need federal protection
- Bangladesh: Jailed photographer Shahidul Alam needs 'urgent medical attention'
- UK Crypto-Assets Under More Scrutiny & Needs 'Urgent Regulation' - MPs
- Scotland's arts funding needs 'urgent' overhaul
- ‘It is very confusing’: drought response needs urgent overhaul, farmers’ group says
- World Economic Forum says capitalism needs urgent change
- Methane surge needs 'urgent attention'
Ancient Ruong house needs urgent protection have 293 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at August 18, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.