Historically, female artists have an edge in this category. Twenty-seven female solo artists have won best new artist, compared to 12 male solo artists. When the nominations for the 62nd annual Grammy Awards are announced on Nov. 20, Billie Eilish is likely to be in the running in each of the Big Four categories (album, record and song of the year, plus best new artist). She would be the first artist to be nominated in all four of these categories since Sam Smith five years ago. She would be the first female artist to be nominated in all four categories since Amy Winehouse 12 years ago.At the risk of getting ahead of ourselves, Eilish may very well wind up winning in all four categories when the Grammys are presented at Staples Center in Los Angeles on Jan 26, 2020. That has happened only once in Grammy history, when Christopher Cross swept the 1980 awards.Eilish is just 17. (She’ll turn 18 on Dec. 18.) That would make her the youngest nominee for best new artist since Justin Bieber, who was 16 when he was a 2010 nominee. Eilish is vying to become the youngest winner in this category since LeAnn Rimes,… Read full this story
- 17 Really Famous Musicians That Won "Best New Artist" At The Grammys
- Which Grammy Nominee Deserves "Best New Artist"?
- Billie Eilish Is Not Your Typical 17-Year-Old Pop Star. Get Used to Her.
- Billie Eilish: 'I want to be able to mourn for XXXTentacion, I don’t want to be shamed for it'
- Billie Eilish on climate change and Brexit: Adults are so f***ing dumb
- Billie Eilish Is the Future
- 5 Best New Songs of the Week: The 1975, A$AP Rocky & Tyler the Creator, Anitta
- Is Billie Eilish really changing pop stardom?
- Billie Eilish sets new UK album chart record
- Albums of the week: Billie Eilish, Jamie Lawson and Lion Babe
At 2020 Grammys, Who Could Be Billie Eilish's Competition for Best New Artist? have 301 words, post on www.billboard.com at August 1, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.