I've lost count how many hotels I've stayed in. Hundreds, for sure, and on every continent except Antarctica. From beach-side resorts in St Kitts to a grand, soaring high-rise in Tokyo, to a castle-adjacent treehouse on the north coast of Scotland, I've stayed in some truly lovely places. I've also stayed at dilapidated dives in Vegas with rusty faucets and rugs so thin you could see the concrete underneath. The memory of the latter still makes me itch. Over the years I've come up with a set of tips and tricks I use in every hotel, from 5-star to wear-your-shoes-in-the-bathroom-star. They range from a little peace of mind and a reduction of annoyance to maintaining a bit of safety and health while traveling. 1. THE REMOTE IS GROSS What is touched by everyone but rarely cleaned? A quick swipe with some baby wipes or a damp (not wet) hand towel should help a bit. 2. 68 DEGREES FARENHEIT IS 20 DEGREES CENTIGRADE Need to set the thermostat in your room but you're confused? For anywhere outside the US, 20 degrees is a good place to start. In the US, it's 68. 3. BE SKEPTICAL OF DRINKING GLASSES (ESPECIALLY IF THE… Read full this story
- A local’s guide to Havana, Cuba: 10 top tips
- A local’s guide to Verona: 10 top tips
- 'My best travel discovery of 2016'
- A locals’ guide to Kathmandu, Nepal: top 10 tips
- Readers' favourite travel discoveries of 2016
- Tips for an Enjoyable Hotel Stay
- The shameless 40: List of the largest public companies who took Payroll Protection loans meant to help small 'mom and pop' businesses survive COVID-19 and avoid mass layoffs
- The best-read travel stories of 2016
- Trump administration allowed at least 10 flights to enter the US from Wuhan AFTER the city was in coronavirus lockdown
- Does wearing face masks REALLY prevent coronavirus outbreaks? Data shows countries that imposed compulsory mask-wearing managed to reverse their crises as leading doctors urge Britons to use scarves to make their own
Do you really need that small shampoo bottle? 10 hotel tips from a frequent traveller have 329 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at August 4, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.