Yes: Joe Biden for the most part was crisper, more engaged and engaging, in Detroit on Wednesday night than he had been in Miami a month ago. No: He did not summon a performance so commanding as to demand people view an old man in new light. If Biden is the essential variable in the Democratic presidential race — none of the nearly two dozen other candidates can rise much further unless or until Biden is perceived to be in a dying fall — then the most reasonable reaction to the latest two-day pair of long and crowded debates is: So what? That is not so much dismissive comment as authentic question. Biden’s two debate outings this summer suggest that a politician who has been at this game for decades operates within a predictable and fairly narrow range — at his best, not half-bad; at his worst, pretty bad for a supposed front-runner. Though he was closer to the upper range this time — except for a funny fumbled line at the end when he tried to tell people to support his campaign with a text message — it still seems inconceivable that many undecided voters will move to Biden… Read full this story
- Which women could be Joe Biden's running mate?
- Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer confirms she IS in talks about being Joe Biden's running mate but says she is not being formally vetted - yet
- Transcript: Joe Biden foreign policy adviser Antony Blinken on COVID shortfalls, failures in Syria
- Joe Biden’s VP Search Is Turning Into an Open Audition
- Joe Biden warns of ‘abuse of power’
- Joe Biden accuser’s life marred by abuse and financial hardship
- Joe Biden’s New Tax Pledge Is Indefensible
- Book: Joe Biden in 1973 Lectured Cleveland on What Is ‘Good for the Negro’
- Nolte: Campaign Tries to Clean Up Joe Biden’s Racist ‘White Kids’ Dog Whistle
- FBN’s Payne: ‘Joe Biden Demeans Black Voters with His Simplistic Campaign Slogan’
Joe Biden was not that bad … and not that good have 318 words, post on www.politico.eu at August 1, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.