HÀ NỘI — Hà Thị Linh pocketed a win in her professional debut over Zhao Yuanyuan in the World Boxing Organisation Asia Pacific tournament’s women’s 61kg category in Shenzhen, China, on Saturday.
The Vietnamese champion dealt with her taller Chinese rival with ease.
Zhao, who had won both her fights prior to facing Linh, was floored in the first round and faced a standing eight count before resuming the bout.
Southeast Asian Games winner Linh dominated the four-round fight and scored a 36-27 win.
“It is a great start for our female boxing and Việt Nam boxing. It plays a key role in encouraging athletes to follow their professional career and makes them more confident for coming tournaments,” said coach Nguyễn Như Cường.
Linh, 26, will be one of Việt Nam’s representatives at the world championships in Russia in October and the 31st SEA Games in November in the Philippines. — VNS
- Mauricio Pochettino wants Spurs to 'take risks' to win trophies
- Title-leader Hawkins survives chaotic TCF TASCAR race at Indy to take first oval win
- Harrison Takes First MINI Win of 2018 as Rivals Falter
- Libby's Ryggs Johnston wins Lake City Open amateur division; Tyler Carlson wins professional title
- Senate Democrats score big win in fight to preserve net neutrality rules
- Fortune vows to make Pacquiao win his fight vs Matthysse
- Redstone family wins latest fight over control of CBS
- PM Lee writes to Mahathir, congratulates Pakatan Harapan on 'winning tough fight'
- 5 ways to win the fight against hunger cravings
- Motorsport: Kiwi Scott McLaughlin takes famous Supercars win at the Perth Supersprint