By Donna Littlejohn | [email protected] | Daily BreezePUBLISHED: August 6, 2019 at 7:52 pm | UPDATED: August 7, 2019 at 8:03 am Overturning a zoning administrator’s density cap of 67 rooms, the Harbor Area Planning Commission on Tuesday, Aug. 6, unanimously approved a developer’s request for an 80-room boutique hotel on a key downtown San Pedro corner. Some two dozen San Pedro business and community leaders spoke at the hearing, all expressing support for the higher number of rooms in what will be a seven-story building at 544 S. Pacific Ave. on the corner of Sixth Street. The higher number of rooms does not change the footprint of the building, which will be constructed on an L-shaped vacant parcel next to the historic Warner Grand Theatre. “It’s the same ‘box,’ the only difference is there will be 13 additional (inside) doors,” said Youssef Merhi of the development team. The hotel, which will feature both rooftop and ground floor restaurants, was hailed as a critical component in the push to drive more tourism and provide more support for local businesses. “Downtown is in the middle of a renaissance,” said Lorena Parker, executive director of the Property Owners Business Improvement District. And… Read full this story
- New York: How to take the juiciest bite out of the Big Apple
- Heartbreak as body of missing Brit backpacker Catherine Shaw is found after she vanished from Guatemala hotel at 5am
- What is causing the steady exodus of children from downtown Madrid?
- 17 tasty tips for eating your way around San Francisco's foodie neighbourhoods
- IN PICS: New HUGE hotel to open on Spain’s Costa del Sol next year following €150 million investment
- 75 jobs in the pipeline as Lisburn's first city centre hotel is given green light
- Boost for Game Of Thrones tourism after new Inch Abbey Hotel is given green light
- £8.3m hotel near Game of Thrones location in Northern Ireland gets go-ahead
- Landmark Samlesbury Hotel now under new ownership
- Luxury hotel appearing on Burnley skyline
New downtown San Pedro hotel project wins OK for 80 rooms have 316 words, post on www.dailybreeze.com at August 7, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.