Sheffield Wednesday moved to the top of the Championship with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Luton as Philip Cocu suffered his first defeat as Derby County boss, 2-1 at home to Bristol City, on Tuesday (Aug 20).
|Phillip Cocu suffered his first defeat as Derby County manager against Bristol City. (AFP/STR)|
Wednesday bounced back from defeat at Millwall on Saturday to record their third win from the opening four games thanks to Kadeem Harris’s simple finish, nine minutes into the second-half at Hillsborough.
Former Barcelona midfielder Cocu was given an indication of how tough it will be to take the Rams back to the Premier League when they fell behind 2-0 at half-time to goals from Andreas Weimann and Josh Brownhill.
Jack Marriott gave Derby late hope, but it was not enough to salvage Cocu’s unbeaten start.
Middlesbrough eased the pressure on new boss Jonathan Woodgate as the former England defender got his first win in charge with a 1-0 victory over Wigan, thanks to Britt Assombalonga’s first-half goal.
Birmingham were 2-0 winners over Barnsley, while Blackburn ground out a 1-0 victory away to Hull.
- Michael Owen sends worrying message to Arsenal ahead of trip to Sheffield United
- Arsenal injury update: Latest on striker Alexandre Lacazette ahead of Sheffield Utd clash
- Defeat Incontinence Review
- Flotrol Vs Defeat Incontinence - Which is the Best Incontinence Treatment
- The Struggle of Weight Loss Ends in Defeat - Oprah's Battle With Fat
- Demi Lovato steps out in black for the funeral of her late friend Thomas Trussell lll who suffered a fatal overdose
- Delhi suffers season’s first ‘very poor’ air day
- MPs ignore May’s pleas and defeat her Brexit deal by 149 votes
- AC Milan suffer record €146m losses
- Bloc leader already talking about defeating minority governments, blocking bills