Vietnamese young chess player Tong Thai Hoang An has won a silver medal in the 3rd World Cadets Rapid and Blitz Chess Championship. (Photo courtesy of FIDE) Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnamese players won one silver and two bronze medals at the 3rd World Cadets Rapid and Blitz Chess Championship among boys and girls under 8, 10 and 12 years old. Tong Thai Hoang An and Nguyen Mai Chi won the silver medal and bronze medal respectively in the U8 category while Ho Ngoc Vy won the bronze in the U10 category. The tournament was held in the Palace of Sport in Minsk, Belarus, from August 16-18, with 635 young chess players from 36 countries competing. Earlier, seven-year-old An won the U8 category of the Asian Youth Chess Championships 2019. In nine matches in the world championship, she only lost once.-VNA
- Hip-hop fan could be first American world chess champion since 1972
- Pasty fans descend on Cornwall for World Pasty Championships
- An American Is Taking On World Chess Champion, And He Might Actually Win
- Julie Ertz: Winning the World Cup and being part of sport's 'power couple'
- Christian Pulisic: 'No reason' the USA can't win the World Cup
- Asheville player wins big in PokerStars tournament in Bahamas
- Sorry, Canada: Parity Reshapes the World Junior Championship
- Homeless 8-year-old Christian refugee whose family escaped Boko Haram wins NY chess championship
- Olivia Coffey helps U.S. capture gold in women's eight at World Rowing Championships
- Opinion: Red Sox crave back-to-back World Series championships, but road will be rough
Vietnamese players win medals at world chess championship have 247 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 19, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.