An academically gifted schoolgirl from Perth will deliberately miss a crucial maths exam so that she can attend climate change protests on Friday. Siobhan Sutton will miss her exam – worth 25 per cent of her final grade – to join hundreds of other students across the country in the School Strike for Climate. She has the support of her mother, however, she claims the selective Perth Modern School she attends will not allow her to reschedule the test. The 15-year-old student says she will receive zero for the exam because her absence will be marked as ‘unauthorised’. Meanwhile, students at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology have reportedly been told they will be given full marks on an assessment if they take a selfie at one of the protests. A schoolgirl from Perth will deliberately miss a maths exam so she can attend climate change protests on Friday (pictured are protesters in The Global Strike 4 Climate rally in Sydney) Protesters with signs participate in The Global Strike 4 Climate rally in Sydney on Friday Officials have said they do not expect schools to make arrangements for students to resit exams (pictured are protesters at the Domain in Sydney… Read full this story
- A Call to Arms: An Invitation to Demand Action on Climate Change
- Global Warming’s Terrifying New Math
- The headlines that dominated 2019: From Royal dramas and Extinction Rebellion protests to - finally - light at the end of the Brexit tunnel
- 'Let girls be girls, and boys be boys!': Piers Morgan stands up for protesting pupils at his former school after staff locked them out of classes ALL DAY for refusing to wear new gender neutral uniform
- School locks out protesting pupils ALL DAY because they refused to wear new gender neutral uniform after police 'act as bouncers' to 'enforce dress code' at the gates
- The Turning Point: New Hope for the Climate
- Two-thirds of California students didn’t meet science standards. Here’s why
- Inside Avaaz – can online activism really change the world?
- Swearing in LIVE: Kejriwal takes oath as Delhi CM for third time
- A tale of two rallies: Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders have similar ideas but competing paths to 2020 victory
Schoolgirl fails crucial maths exam on purpose so she can attend climate change rally - as other students are offered full marks just for taking SELFIES at the protests have 356 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.