President Donald Trump will host a Global Call to the Protect Religious Freedom event during the United Nations General Assembly on Monday, reads a statement from the White House press secretary. Trump will keynote the event, and Vice President Mike Pence will introduce the president.Trump will seek broader international support for efforts to safeguard religious freedom amid the increasing persecution of people based on their faith beliefs and the growing number of attacks on houses of worship. “The President will call on the international community to take concrete steps to prevent attacks against people on the basis of their religion or beliefs and to ensure the sanctity of houses of worship and all public spaces for all faiths,” the press release states. Family Research Council (FRC) President Tony Perkins said in a statement to Breitbart News, “We are grateful for President Trump’s bold decisive leadership on international religious freedom.” Perkins continued: No one should have to practice their faith or worship God in fear. The Trump administration’s record is witness to the fact that they clearly understand the foundational role international religious freedom plays in our national security, as well as the economic and social stability of foreign nations. History will record President… Read full this story
- Will Protecting Religious Freedom Enable Discrimination Against Gay Parents?
- U.K. could be leader and partner to U.S. on international religious freedom | Opinion
- Trump Gives Health Workers New Religious Liberty Protections
- Trump press event: A theatre of the absurd
- Mosque attack heightens religious freedom demands
- Trump’s Order on Religious Liberty Pleases a Few, but Lets Down Many Conservatives
- Under Trump, an Office Meant to Help Refugees Enters the Abortion Wars
- Checking In at Trump Hotels, for Kinship (and Maybe Some Sway)
- Lincoln Went to Gettysburg to Defend Democracy. Trump Returned to Undermine It.
- Coronavirus government response updates: 'LIBERATE': Trump backs protesters defying stay-at-home orders
Trump to Host U.N. Event Urging Protection of Religious Freedom have 310 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.