President Donald Trump declared a state of emergency in February over the situation at the US southern border, which has seen a rise in the number of migrants entering the country.The emergency order has allowed Mr Trump to divert money from other projects to fund his long-promised wall after he failed to get approval for the required cash from Congress. Lawmakers have voted twice to end the emergency, but have not yet achieved the two-thirds support needed.Here are seven charts and maps that try to explain what the situation is like at the US-Mexico border and where we are with the wall.1. Trump hasn’t built very much of his wallMr Trump has argued a wall is needed to tackle the border issue – the signature promise of his 2016 election campaign. Before he took office, there were 654 miles (just over 1,000km) of barrier along the southern border – made up of 354 miles of barriers to stop pedestrians and 300 miles of anti-vehicle fencing.In the run-up to his election victory, Mr Trump promised to build a wall along the border’s entire 2,000-mile length.He later clarified that it would only cover half of that – with nature, such as mountains… Read full this story
- Ann Coulter blasts Trump and Republicans over border deal: "We thought Trump was going to be different'
- Trump vows justice for Border Patrol agent killed in Texas
- As Donald Trump's shutdown over border security stretches three weeks, border security workers are missing paychecks
- Trump to Enter Office as Most Unpopular President in at Least 40 Years, Poll Finds
- If Trump declares an emergency for his wall, could it survive legal challenges?
- The Trump administration is hiring 12 attorneys to seize land for his border wall
- Trump to Propose $4.8 Trillion Budget With More Border Wall Funding
- Texas Says It Will Build the Wall, and Asks Online Donors to Pay for It
- Trump: Countries 'Emptying Prisons' into U.S. Because of Open Border
- Trump "lost the high ground" and "made Democrats look like the grown-ups," Conservative columnist says
Trump wall - all you need to know about US border in seven charts have 329 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.