“Ñan ninne snehikkunnu”, says the wife to her migrant husband who has remitted her some money. To know what this means you will have to look at the PhonePe advertisement that came out in 2018. It is still available on YouTube. What the advertisement does indicate is that north Indian, Hindi speakers, are just as adept at learning a language other than Hindi given the right incentive to do so. The wife in this advertisement probably learnt Malyalam on her own in order to communicate with her husband privately, even in the presence of her mother in-law. Then there is the unseemly spectacle of the annual language war which starts on every Hindi Diwas. Soon it transforms into a discussion on the essential characteristics of nation and nationhood. Fortunately, nowadays, like a viral fever, the agitation dies down on its own after a few days. It all starts with the department of Hindi in the Central government, which has been given the responsibility of spreading Hindi across the country. It recruits only those who have done an MA in Hindi. It is officially called “Rajbhasha Vibhag” and is under the control of the home ministry. You would recall that English… Read full this story
- Bigg Boss Telugu 4: Nagarjuna Akkineni Might Warn Abijeet, Akhil Sarthak and Monal For THIS Reason!
- English & Hindi
- Learning English at school, a mandatory chore that leads nowhere
- E-platform ‘Aamozish’ helps to learn Urdu in seven days
- Sixth form head angers schoolgirls by telling them periods are no reason to take time off - because 'learning to deal with monthly inconvenience is all part of being a woman'
- My brother the drug smuggler: Sir Roy Strong paints a devastating portrait of how he grew up to be an arts grandee and friend of royalty while his cheeky sibling became a junkie and a jailbird
- Learning vs applicability
- Megha Chakraborty: Being a Bengali, it was a challenge for me to learn Haryanvi for my new show
- The Times of India & BYJU’s kickstart #KeepLearning initiative to empower parents, students and teachers overcome e-learning challenges
- Why Spaniards Aren't Learning English as Fast as the Rest of Europe
Whether Hindi or any other tongue, there has to be a strong practical reason to learn it have 349 words, post on indianexpress.com at September 30, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.