Top seed Elina Svitolina of the Ukraine was forced to retire from her match against Marie Bouzkova of the Czech Republic at the Guangzhou International Women’s Open on Wednesday in Guangzhou, China. FILE PHOTO: Sep 5, 2019; Flushing, NY, USA; Elina Svitolina of Ukraine hits to Serena Williams of the United States in a semifinal match on day eleven of the 2019 US Open tennis tournament at USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. Mandatory Credit: Danielle Parhizkaran-USA TODAY Sports Bouzkova was leading 6-4, 4-3 when Svitolina’s ailing right knee forced her to end the match. Bouzkova will meet Anna Blinkova in the quarterfinals after the Russian beat Aleksandra Krunic of Serbia 6-2, 7-5 in the night’s final match. In other action, two-time champion Zhang Shuai of China held off Andrea Petkovic of Germany 7-5, 6-4. She’ll next take on Switzerland’s Viktorija Golubic, who upset No. 5 seed Katerina Siniakova of the Czech Republic 4-6, 7-5, 6-0. Australia’s Samantha Stosur edged Bernarda Pera of the United States 6-4, 1-6, 7-6 (5) and will next face Serbia’s Nina Stojanovic, who beat China’s Peng Shuai 7-6 (4), 2-6, 6-0. No. 3 seed Sofia Kenin of the United States, the highest-seeded player remaining,… Read full this story
- Setting Priorities in Retirement
- Investing in Real Estate for Your Retirement (and Now!)
- Where Do You Want To Live When You Retire?
- Retirement Communities and One Thing They Are About
- Using Your Artistic Talents For Extra Retirement Income
- How to Plant Your Wildflower Seeds
- You Know You Are Truly Retired When the Only Thing on Your to Do List Is - Hang Up the Bird Feeder
- Sodding and Seeding Your Lawn
- Retirement Plans - A New Source for Business Capital
- Texas Invests In Its Future - The Young See Hope For Retirement
WTA roundup: Top seed Svitolina retires in Guangzhou have 290 words, post on www.reuters.com at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.