NEW DELHI: Outraged by the spate of political killings in West Bengal, including the latest gruesome murder of three members of a family, BJP leaders have sought time from President Ram Nath Kovind and home minister Amit Shah to apprise them of the “complete breakdown” of law and order in the state. Saffron leaders are not only aghast at the police inaction in the killing of an RSS worker and his pregnant wife and child, they have also expressed anguish over the alleged silence of the ‘liberals’ over the incident. “Deeply condemn this barbaric act of murder of RSS worker, his wife and child in West Bengal. Hope liberals will find it ghastly enough to empathise with the bereaved family if not condemn and criticise it outrightly,” law minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said. BJP’s Rajya Sabha MP Swapan Dasgupta said, “Eight political murders in West Bengal in the past 4 days. How much more must the state endure? The time for change is fast approaching.” RSS-affiliated weekly Organiser said the Murshidabad incident in which RSS worker Swayamsevak Bandhu Prakash Pal and family members were killed showed “a complete breakdown of law and order in the state”. It also hinted at… Read full this story
- BJP’s student wing yet to breach ‘left bastion’ JNU
- BJP’s divisive politics in northeast will have dangerous effects
- Troubled Kashmir under central rule as BJP breaks alliance
- Modi has hatred for my family, only love can defeat him: Rahul Gandhi
- Shameful display of Hindutva terror in festive processions
- Uttar Pradesh will test Congress’ ability to win nationally
- EU MPs blame Pak for terrorism in Kashmir, stand by India
- Unrest and ideological clashes on rise at north Indian universities
- Have India’s women seized their chance to vote for a safer, more equal country?
- ‘Right-wing’ defense analyst freed from jail after apology
Bengal violence: BJP, RSS question silence of liberals have 299 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at October 11, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.