I am never going to forgive the Houston Astros. Not because they’ve dropped two straight at home to the Washington Nationals in this year’s World Series, although that was pretty grotesque. (They gave up a crucial home run to Kurt Suzuki, who is 129 years old.) No, it’s because their idiot assistant GM belched some Neanderthal jabber about domestic violence, and because, on Thursday, having fired the dope, their general manager Jeff Luhnow called a press conference in which he said he hadn’t apologized personally to the female reporter whose justifiable outrage had touched off the controversy. That reporter—Stephanie Apstein of Sports Illustrated—was in the room when Luhnow said this. The Houston Astros could screw up a two-car funeral if you spotted them the hearse. No, it was none of that, although all of that is pretty goddamn awful. What I find unforgivable is that the Astros have left me no team in the World Series for which to cheer. I cannot now support the Astros and I will not support the Washington Nationals because I loathe the fandom of everyone who will be sitting in the high-priced seats in their stadium over—Please, God—the next three games of the Series…. Read full this story
- The Root's Clapback Mailbag: If...
- The Root's Clapback Mailbag: Clapback to Reality
- 7 Android Hacks That Don’t Need Root
- The Root's Clapback Mailbag: The Story of Clapback-idon
- The Root's Clapback Mailbag: Undercover Wypipo
- The Root’s Clapback Mailbag: I Think We May Have Solved Racism
- The Root's Clapback Mailbag: The Master Baiter
- The Root's Clapback Mailbag: Fairy Tales for Wypipo
- Joe Root Happy To Begin With Win Over Pakistan, Glad To See The Crux Together
- Root Ascends To Top Step Of Porsche GT3 Podium
Don't Make Me Root For These Creatures To Be Happy have 288 words, post on deadspin.com at October 25, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.