Associated Press Friday, Oct. 4, 2019 | 12:05 a.m. Nearly 1,700 priests and other clergy members that the Roman Catholic Church considers credibly accused of child sexual abuse are living under the radar with little to no oversight from religious authorities or law enforcement, decades after the first wave of the church abuse scandal roiled U.S. dioceses, an Associated Press investigation has found. These priests, deacons, monks and lay people now teach middle-school math. They counsel survivors of sexual assault. They work as nurses and volunteer at nonprofits aimed at helping at-risk kids. They live next to playgrounds and day care centers. They foster and care for children. And in their time since leaving the church, dozens have committed crimes, including sexual assault and possessing child pornography, the AP’s analysis found. A recent push by Roman Catholic dioceses across the U.S. to publish the names of those it considers to be credibly accused has opened a window into the daunting problem of how to monitor and track priests who often were never criminally charged and, in many cases, were removed from or left the church to live as private citizens. Each diocese determines its own standard to deem a priest… Read full this story
- Taoist priest honours China's coronavirus dead with memorial tablets
- Pictured: Greek Orthodox priest who was shot in the stomach in Lyon - as Macron refuses to bow to pressure across the Muslim world amid more protests over his defence of Charlie Hebdo cartoons
- Coronavirus spread 'under the radar' in US major cities since January, researchers say
- The Mafia is handing out food to Italy’s needy in a bid to impose control over people’s lives as mobsters seek to capitalise on country’s coronavirus crisis
- 'Talentless dumbo bimbos!' Piers Morgan accuses Kim Kardashian of being PLEASED by Kanye West's meltdown as it creates storylines in scathing attack as KUWTK is cancelled
- Seasonal torrential rains claim over 300 lives in Pakistan: NDMA
- Bubba Wallace accuses Donald Trump of 'HATE' for demanding he 'apologize' for 'hoax' of noose discovery which rocked NASCAR and says: 'Always deal with the hate being thrown at you with LOVE'
- Croydon police shooting LIVE – Suspect Louis De Zoysa ‘weapons’ past emerges as murder investigation continues
- 'This could be Boris Johnson's Suez': Tory civil war as anti-lockdown 'redwall' MPs accuse PM of being 'bounced' into shutdown and threaten to vote against move in Commons vote on Wednesday
- Blue Lives Matter Is the Wildfire Cavalry No One Asked For
Hundreds of accused priests living under radar with no oversight have 405 words, post on lasvegassun.com at October 4, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.