PUBLISHED: 18:00 10 October 2019 | UPDATED: 18:00 10 October 2019 Ruth Lawes YOPEY befriender Daisy Norton is one of the students who has made nearly 200 visits. Picture: John Bulpitt bulpitt FRPS Half of the people living in St John’s House care home in Norwich have dementia, many are lonely and some do not get any visitors. YOPEY befriender Thomas Curtis spends time with one of St John’s 50 plus residents. Picture: John BulpittBut that has changed – thanks to seven teenagers from Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form in Norwich – who have collectively made nearly 200 visits and spent more than 250 hours at St John’s House on Heigham Road.A spokesperson for St John’s House said: “The years seem to melt away as experiences are shared. YOPEY befriender Amulya Patnam with a St John’s resident. Picture: John Bulpitt”There is laughter and memories are evoked of childhood and school days. There has not been a generation divide between the young students and our residents.”The students have also made a huge difference to those in the care home living with dementia.Teenagers from a Norwich sixth form have been helping to make Norfolk a ‘Beacon for Befriending’. Picture: John BulpittThe spokesperson added:… Read full this story
- 'It's been devastating': former NFL players count the cost of concussion
- Matt Hancock ridiculed for say carers will get a 'badge of honour' for their coronavirus-fighting efforts - and the one he 'announced' was first unveiled almost a YEAR ago
- The 50 best movies on Hulu right now
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle walk beagle Guy and labrador Oz as part of their daily exercise routine wearing bandanas as facemasks during lockdown in Los Angeles
- ‘So much living to do’: stories of UK's coronavirus victims
- Your Binge Watch, Solved: 54 Stars and Showrunners Reveal Their Favorite Episodes of Their Own Shows
'It is heartwarming': Teenagers tackle loneliness and dementia have 296 words, post on www.edp24.co.uk at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.